With the new year come new books, new readings and new stories.
As you might already know, I’m not the kind of person who sticks to just one book, reads it from start to end and goes on with the next one.
No, I’m the kind of reader who starts a book, then buys a new one and starts that too, and has a currently reading list of 10, novels, non-fiction and all.
So, my reading list of 2017 will comprehend unfinished books from last year, and a lot of new ones that I already own but never opened yet.
Books to finish:
– The Year of Living Danishly – Helen Russell
– Journals – Sylvia Plath
– Trance Formation of America – Cathy O’ Brien (This book is so heavy and sad, that will take me another year!)
– Fairytales – Hans Christian Andersen
– Conversations with Woody Allen – Eric Lax
– Elizabeth I – Carolly Erickson
Books to start (And hopefully finish, but let’s not count too much on that!):
– The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
– Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
– A Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess
– Crime and Punishment – Fëdor Dostoevskij
– Hygge: the danish art of living well – Louisa Thomsen Brits
– Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
– Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone – J.K. Rownling (Yes, I know, about time!)
– Ecce Homo – Friedrich Nietzsche
– Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
My resolution is to read at least 1 book per month; considering that I only read during train rides, I’ll have to swich off on movies and TV shows to accomplish this, but I’ll try hard and do it. And maybe learn to finish one book before starting a new one.